In these audio files, Mr. Josh Mather, of Briarwood Presbyterian Church, reads the 150 questions and answers from the Catechism Challenge class.
I really like being able to archive links for later review, and Instaper is a new toy I’ve found to handle that nicely. I really feel like there’s a lot of cool stuff that I can accomplish with it in the future.
Tonight (Feb 9, 2012), I joined Instapaper as a paying customer so I could use the Search capabilities (searching your links on the web site is only available to those customer who sign up for the $1 per month subscriber account). But, after signing up and finally getting to use Search, it does not appear to be searching the way I was expecting… In fact, I couldn’t get the Search feature to return anything. Evar!
“No results.” it said… (which is not true, in that I have links with HTML5 in the title, url, summary, etc.)
“No Results” ?!?!?! What the heck is going on here? I know there are some links in my account that have this text in the URL, Title, and/or Description. Why won’t the Instapaper web site find any results?
I want to be able to do a search on the URL, Title, and Summary of the bookmarks, (not the actual contents of the link pages, which I don’t expect it to search anyway). I think most of us usually remember some keyword or tags as we save the links, so I expected to be able to search my links on the Instapaper site and search for “CSS’” or “HTML” or “GIT” or something like that to find links that I’ve stored.
So, I’m going to try to do something about this…. I’ve applied for an oAuth application token to see if I can build a better searching and filtering interface than the one they have now.
This will be a good exercise to sharpen my Ruby on Rails skills.
Boy, I sure hope they approve me…
Instapaper sent me my app tokens later on in the same day. (Man, that was fast). And I found a gem on github (https://github.com/spagalloco/instapaper) that provides a nice wrapper around the Instapaper API, and I’ve already banged out a few lines of Ruby code which use the gem to connect to my Instapper account and post a few dummy links. Now I can move on the real work of pulling down all the bookmarks from an account, and providing a search/filter interface for searching through them for keywords or tags in the URL, Title, or Description.
In this modern day of iEverything, I wanted to go old-school on you with this fun and simple brain teasing number challenge. So turn off the T.V., print this page, grab a pencil and let’s see what you can do here. I’ve had this in a simple TXT file for over 20 years. This beauty has made its way from one hard drive to another as I’ve upgraded computers over those years; it’s too good to let go. I wish I could remember where I got this.
If you can’t get them all, get in touch with me and I’ll help you out. And, if you can add any to the list, please send them to me and I’ll update the post.
Each question below contains the initials of a word that will make it correct.
EXAMPLE: 16 = O. in a P. Ounces in a Pound
1. 26 = L. of the A. ______________________________________________________
2. 7 = W. of the A.W. ____________________________________________________
3. 1001 = A.N. ___________________________________________________________
4. 12 = S. of the Z. ______________________________________________________
5. 54 = C. in a D. (with the J.) __________________________________________
6. 9 = P. in the S.S. _____________________________________________________
7. 88 = P.K. ______________________________________________________________
8. 13 = S. on the A. F. ___________________________________________________
9. 32 = D. F. at which W. F. ______________________________________________
10. 18 = H. on a G.C. ______________________________________________________
11. 90 = D. in a R. A. _____________________________________________________
12. 200 = D. for P. G. in M. _______________________________________________
13. 8 = S. on a S. S. ______________________________________________________
14. 3 = B. M. ( S. H. T. R.) _______________________________________________
15. 4 = Q. in a G. _________________________________________________________
16. 24 = H. in a D. ________________________________________________________
17. 1 = W. on a U. _________________________________________________________
18. 5 = D. in a Z. C. ______________________________________________________
19. 57 = H. V. _____________________________________________________________
20. 11 = P. on a F. T. _____________________________________________________
21. 1000 = W. that a P. is W. ______________________________________________
22. 29 = D. in F. in a L. Y. _______________________________________________
23. 64 = S. on a C. ________________________________________________________
24. 40 = D. and N. of the G. F. ____________________________________________
Want more brain fun? Check out http://www.brainbashers.com/games.asp